- Linux Sockets: Which process listens to a port?
- Our Confusion with Software
- Thinking in Code
- Code Reviews: A Discussion
- Easy Py Messaging
- The Actual Cost of Duplicated Code
- A Basis for Clean Code: Magic 7 +/- 2
- Test Driven Development
- Duplicated Code
- Duplicated Code: What to do?
Tag Archives: software
I’ve attempted to find studies detailing the cost of duplicate code within projects. We can all spout the problems these clones produce, but can we quantify the cost from actual studies of real projects? Apparently not. One pundit suggests the if … Continue reading
The control of complexity control presents the core problem of software development. The huge variety of decisions a developer faces on a day-to-day basis cry for methods of controlling and containing complexity. Cyclomatic complexity as defined by Thomas McCabe in … Continue reading